Further Glide Time Auditions
Additional auditions for Glide Time, by Roger Hall and directed by Tracey Barlow will be held at the Gaslight Theatre on Saturday 2 March from 1.00pm.
Glide Time is a ground-breaking comedy, with serious undertones. Life in the stores board of a department of the NZ Public Service. The play covers one working day, although the day is spread over several weeks. Glide Time examines the lives of those forced to work with each other, every day, in a job that none of them likes.
A cast of six men and one woman of varying ages is required.
(John, Jim, Hugh, Beryl, Michael, Boss, Wally)
SEASON: 15 – 29 June 2019
For more information please contact Tracey Barlow: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 022 0844360
Rehearsed Reading – The Winslow Boy
By Terrence Rattigan
Date: 11th May
A rehearsed reading, with staged movement and some props.
- Ronnie Winslow Male about 14 Schoolboy at military academy.
- Violet Female any age Maid.
- Grace Winslow Female about 50 Faded remnants of prettiness.
- Arthur Winslow Male about 60 Deliberate, cultured, patriarchal. Leans heavily on a stick. Dry wit
- Catherine Winslow Female approaching Air of masculinity, suffragette, 30 into modern politics.
- Dickie Winslow Male early 20s Large, noisy and cheerful.
- John Watherstone Male about 30 Subaltern in the army.
- Desmond Curry Male about 45 An athlete gone to seed. Mildly furtive. In love with Catherine.
- Miss Barnes Female about 40 Journalist. Untidily dressed with gushing manner (small role).
- Sir Robert Morton Male esrly 40s Immensely elegant. Supercilious expression
As always for a rehearsed reading, actors do not have to conform fully to character ages. Rehearsals from about 29th April - to be agreed with the cast/aligned with Tracey’s Glide Time rehearsals To express an interest or ask questions, please contact Dave Stearns on email@example.com or 0210 346992